Tuesday, March 24, 2009

this entry is about some of my experiences having need to take long hour public transport from/to work.

1. i decided to walked with kjfivf* to take the shuttle bus to Dover MRT station, which later i will need to change train from green line to red line followed by LRT. since it's off office hour (around 6pm), you can imagine the crowd. i was literally being 'pushed' to board the train. anyway, that's not the most disgusting part in my experience of train taking yesterday.

i changed train from JE interchange and proceed to head north. since i'm alone and need to hug my laptop, i was glancing downward.. and i notice this guy ah pek who is holding his d*** and (i think) was rubbing his -ahem- against the holding pole. i'm almost 100% sure that the lady who stands beside him knows about that as well from her uneasy look.

and apparently i'm not the only one who noticed. the other 2 OLs who are just a few persons away from me is whispering (alright, louder than whisper else i won't hear) about it. for that split second i had an eye contact with one of the OLs, i think she was trying to say--
'that ti ko pek'.
disgusting. truly disgusting.


2. although i really yearn for a seat (especially on the way to work), there are times when people like old uncle that can't even stand properly, lao ah ma with trolly on the way to market, or woman with seem-like-going-to-due-any-minutes belly. if such person boards the bus, i usually will just give him/her my seat (that is, if I got to sit at the first place).

so, when this old ah ma with trolly board the bus this morning, i decided to give her my seat since i'll be alighting in about 5 or 6 stops. but when i get up and signal the old ah ma to come over to take my seat, this middle-aged auntie just squeeze through and take the seat with her big fat ass. and she look perfectly okie (i think her complexion glow even, in any case she might be healthier than me). she doesn't look like she really need to sit down.

i think i have the 'sianz' look on my face and so as the old ah ma. the guy that was sitting beside me still listening to his mp3 and looking outside of the window. i was super furious so i said in chinese,
"Hello auntie, i was going to give this seat to that ah ma"

Middle-aged anutie (MAA): -pretend don't understand me and look outside-

Me (louder, and in English): Hello auntie, i stand up 'coz i want to give this seat to the old auntie.

MAA: but this is not the privilage seat.

Me: So what? Can't you see that old lady need the seat more than you do?

I'm not sure from where i gather such courage to actually raise my voice and refuse to take my eyes off her, until some others also looking/peeping at her that she finally feels uneasy and move her big fat ass away from the seat.

she stands up with the bitchy face and with the (i think) trying-to-tear-me-apart glare. gah, i don't care. the old lady keep saying 'gam siah' to me (i guess that's thank you in some dialect), i just smiled back.

and later when i reached i just alight from the bus.

please lar, even if it's not the privilage seat, have a heart and give the seat to people who needs it more, can? or rather, if people stand up to let other more needy people to have the seat, at least don't squeeze over and take the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment